Thursday, February 10, 2011

My 'Motor Cycle Diaries' Without Motor Cycle 1

     1. In Search of Nothing
        
           One fine morning I packed my bag with couple of T-shirts,jeans, a novel and of-course my camera and left the Pune. I left for a journey. A journey with no destination but a road. There was nothing to achieve. Miles away from boundaries of time and place. Absolutely nothing. But while doing so there was a theme at back of my mind. I decided to walk along the road. Tired of walking? Stop. Take a rest. Turn up some pages of novel, click something around. And too much bored of walking alone? Ask for a lift. That’s it! 
    

             Talking about purpose, it’s just a way to take a break from 'life'. A 'life' which is defined by society, decorated with well established goals and even path to achieve them. Before I could understand the meaning of meaning of success, they gave me a prescription of successful life. So I never found it difficult to walk in ‘life’. There was no question of making decisions thus no question of failure. Life was so easy. But I thought it was a time to give it a break.     
          My friend dropped me at bus terminal in Pune.
“I don’t understand why the hell you want to do such things? And where are going by the way?”
“It’s a kind of break for me.” I replied. “Even I don’t know where I am going.”
“Go to hell. Just give me call whenever you get there.”
“Sure. Hope I will get network there in hell.”
He felt. Now I was standing on platform waiting for a bus. I decided to get in first bus whichever comes there and start my journey form there onwards. Bus for ‘Mahabaleshwar’ arrived within few minutes. I got in to it. Now it was clear. Next few days I was going to spend in Western Ghats starting form Konkan.

       
With the start of bus, I left my 'life' behind in Pune itself. For the first time I was traveling for myself. Doing exactly what I always wanted to do.  An action for no result, not in search of any answers…….JUST NOTHING….!!


No comments:

Post a Comment